- Install “Burrito Supreme” version of Pd-L2Ork (this is all you need to run Pd-L2Ork)
- Optionally, install L2Ork Compositions & Abstractions (this is only needed if you wish to perform L2Ork ensemble music)
The “Burrito Supreme” installer will provide you with all components necessary to have a setup equivalent to that of Pd-extended. The L2Ork abstractions are necessary only if you want to create/perform pieces specific to the L2Ork ensemble setup. These are not necessary for running the K12 module.
The instructions and download links for each of these steps are provided below.
Complete (a.k.a. ‘Burrito Supreme’) Installer
- Pd-L2Ork version 2.x (updated 2022-12-19)
- Pd-L2Ork version 1.x (Linux-only, currently in maintenance mode only)
L2Ork Compositions & Abstractions
- PD-L2Ork Compositions & Abstractions1 (temporarily down)
- Necessary for opening Linux Laptop Orchestra or L2Ork’s patches
- Provides core infrastructure for UI, streamlined implementation of core DSP techniques, networking, and input device data analysis
- USE THIS TO:
- gain access to various useful abstractions commonly used inside L2Ork-specific patches
- ensure 100% compatibility with L2Ork environment
1 These are continually evolving, so please make sure to communicate questions/concerns on the L2Ork-Dev mailing list.
As of July 2015, Pd-L2Ork 1.x deb installer does not conflict with any of the Pd-vanilla or Pd-extended packages, allowing for various flavors of Pd to happily coexist on the same machine. Yay! Pd-L2Ork 2.x installer should co-exist happily alongside both Pd and Purr-Data, with the exception of Linux where, pending updates in the Purr-Data source, both share the pd-l2ork executable and its paths.
To manually install a deb version (the old way), simply double-click on the downloaded deb file or type the following command in the terminal from the folder where the downloaded deb file is located:
sudo dpkg -i pd-l2ork*deb
This will install all the supporting libraries, warn you of any conflicts with other packages (e.g. pd-utils), as well as set up pd-l2ork on your machine.
sudo apt-get -f install
If everything goes well, you will be presented with an option of installing a collection of packages. Please review that you are ok with installing/removing suggested packages and if so, press “Y” to continue. Once this process is complete, pd-l2ork should be installed and ready for use.
Once install process is complete, to run Pd-l2ork simply click on the application shortcut or type:
- Use qjackctl to configure and start JACK server with real-time privileges
- Start pd-l2ork (or pd-l2ork-k12) using the shortcut from the application menu
Building Pd-L2Ork from Source
To compile from source, follow the three-step instructions found in the git repository’s README.md.
Questions? Please contact us via the L2Ork-Dev public mailing list.